Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Is He really now?

GOD IS REMOVING HIS HANDS FROM THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED HIM IN A BOX. FOR THOSE WHO THINK THEY UNDERSTAND HIM BUT DON'T SPEND ANY TIME WITH HIM.
GOD IS REMOVING HIS HEDGE OF PROTECTION SO THAT U CAN SEE WHAT LIFE IS
WITHOUT HIS COVERING.... #HeSpeaks


I read this statement, and at first I wanted to respond to this nonsense, then I thought about it again and decided not to. Not because it is not easy to refute it, because lets face it, this kind of statement makes God seem spiteful, and a little psychotic, while it does have some basis in fact this is an example of a religious statement made to appear deep while at the same time to someone who actually knows the person of whom this statement is ascribed to knows the person well enough to know two things.
1. If this really was something from the Lord, there would be specifics, note there are none here
2. The statement goes against the character of God that we see portrayed in the New Testement.
I get disturbed when I hear or see statements like this, they tend to make me itch, I almost break out in hives because usually the person making the statement does so with a mind and heart towards gaining control. I have been in my journey a victim of spiritual abuse, and it is not a pretty thing. Anytime a person in leadership attempts to gain control of a person using fear or a threat of displeasing God for your actions that has neither biblical precedent or basis in sound doctrine or theological discourse a red flag should go up.
We all have choices in this life, God has given us that freedom. He wants our love and our praise, but He wants these things given willingly, not out of fear or obligation. I find it sad when men feel that they have to use fear to gain control of others especially when they are vulnerable and especially when they already have a heart to want to please God. It saddens me on one hand to know that there are genuine people out here that want to be pleasing to the Lord, and it enrages me to know that there are men who would take advantage of these people. I wonder what will it take for us to grow up and realize that we have one job and one job only, that is to love, nothing more, nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment